Widespread storms across the southeastern portion of the state have caused significant damage to homes in Monticello, Hamburg, Dermott, Lake Village, Jerome, and surrounding areas. With trees down across the region, Arkansas Baptist Disaster Relief has sent volunteers to serve these communities.
There are assessors and chaplains from across the state ready to evaluate the damage and help the homeowner begin the recovery process. Chainsaw teams have begun working in Monticello and are prepared to serve across the region. They are being supported by a feeding team, a shower and laundry unit, and our Incident Management Team. Currently, there are over 70 volunteers deployed to the affected area. These teams come from:
- Arkansas Valley (West Helena)
- Balboa Baptist Church (Hot Springs Village)
- Bartholomew (Warren)
- Central Baptist Church (Jonesboro)
- Faulkner Association (Conway)
- First Clarksville Baptist Church (Clarksville)
- Mount Zion Association (Jonesboro)
- Red River Association (Arkadelphia)
- Tri-County Association (Marion)
If you need assistance, please contact your local Office of Emergency Management or County Judge or visit with our Incident Management Team at First Baptist Monticello, (501) 258-6411 or DRAdmin@absc.org.