Disaster relief crews began cleaning and helping those impacted by the EF-3 tornado that tore through Jonesboro on March 28.
The Corners Chapel First Responder Feeding Unit is stationed with the City of Jonesboro command unit and is providing breakfast to first responders. Today they served 160 meals for personnel on-site. Another separate Feeding Unit was able to cook and serve 100 meals to an impoverished area that was severely damaged by the storm.
Most of the teams consist of Recovery and Chainsaw units. Due to the route of the tornado, many commercial properties were impacted. So the removal of trees has been scarce. The teams have been going to sights and helping clear debris from anything that might be salvageable. They’re also assisting in putting tarps on homes with less damage to protect still existing areas.
Due to downed power lines, the Incident Command center was moved to Journey Church. However, Feeding and lodging are still happening at Central Baptist Church.
- Pray for those in Jonesboro who experienced damage and devastation. Many homes and businesses were completely destroyed.
- Pray for local officials who are already overwhelmed with COVID-19 who will have to make key decisions in the recovery efforts
- Pray for healthcare professionals in Jonesboro as they handle this situation, in addition, the demands of COVID-19.
- Pray for DR leadership as they navigate a relief effort amidst the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Pray for DR volunteers who will be on the front lines. They are putting themselves in tough circumstances due to the severity of the damage, but also the current health crisis to serve those in need.
- Pray for ABSC churches as they minister to their own families affected and as they minister to people in their community.
- Daily updates will be posted at ABSCDisasterRelief.org & ArkansasBaptist.org