Today marked six days since an EF-3 Tornado tore through Jonesboro, affecting many commercial businesses and residential areas.
Five days later, Randy Garrett said that disaster relief volunteers have completed all that had been requested of them and were shutting things down today.
Overall, tremendous works were done by everyone involved. There was a total of 148 volunteers with Disaster Relief, 87 of those credentialed volunteers. There was a total of 322 contacts with one profession of faith, 16 Gospel presentations and 35 bibles distributed. They worked a total of 1,379 hours, completed 53 jobs and served 1,291 meals.
There were many helping hands in the city of Jonesboro with many neighbors helping each other. Disaster Relief was able to help as many people as possible by being the hands and feet of Jesus, both physically and spiritually.
- As DR pulls out, continue to pray for the city as they begin to rebuild amid the current health crisis.
- Pray for those in Jonesboro who experienced damage and devastation.
- Pray for local officials who are already overwhelmed with COVID-19 who will have to make key decisions.
- Pray for the health of DR volunteers as well as everyone who has been out helping in Jonesboro the last week amid the spread of COVID-19
- Pray for ABSC churches as they minister to their own families affected and as they minister to people in their community.
- Daily updates will be posted at ABSCDisasterRelief.org & ArkansasBaptist.org