ABSC Disaster Relief teams and spontaneous volunteers have been deployed for 10 days now. These volunteers have accomplished so much in that time period. So far, Disaster Relief volunteers have:
- Helped remove furniture and valuables from homes and began the tear out process for the affected areas.
- Sprayed 13 homes with ShockWave (a mold treatment).
- Done 310 loads of laundry and provided 435 showers.
- Assessed 45 homes as homeowners began the recovery process.
- Had the opportunity to speak to 304 individuals who have been affected.
- Have presented the gospel 9 times and led 4 people to Christ.
We are so grateful for the men and women who have gone to Fort Smith and given up their time and to their communities.
We still need volunteers in these locations! Click here to register as a volunteer.
- Fort Smith
- North Little Rock
- Pine Bluff
There are also two emergency training events this weekend that do not require registration in the Little Rock area. Click here for times and locations.
The flooding of the Arkansas River has devastated hundreds of homes across our beautiful state. Many are displaced and facing the loss of property and significant property damage. Pray that these individuals would find hope and peace amid this crisis. Pray also for the safety of affected individuals and the volunteers risking their safety to help solve problems during this time.
Monetary costs add up quickly in a major disaster like this one. If you feel led to support Disaster Relief financially, click here to give now.